Any woman suspected or diagnosed as having Mastopathy should monitor the levels of the hormones. Regular hormonal blood tests allow for monitoring the disease course and correcting the prescribed treatment in each separate case.
Besides, if the laboratory testing results reveal hormonal disbalance, dynamic monitoring is required.
Several moments should be kept in mind:
- The levels of sex hormones in woman’s blood depend on the menstrual cycle phase (1 phase is the follicular phase, 2 phase is the luteal).
- The reference ranges for separate hormones depend on what methods are used in the clinics you chose.
- In women of child-bearing age and in menopausal women the levels of sex hormones differ from each other.
Besides the abovementioned most commonly applied investigation methods for Mastopathy, in separate cases other tests may be required:
- blood tests for glucose and lipids,
- minor pelvis ultrasound,
- hepatic function tests etc.
Only after undergoing a complete examination the woman presenting signs of Mastopathy can discuss the options of adequate treatment.