Multiple approaches were proposed for the treatment of mastopathy. However, no universally accepted indications and treatment schemes for mastopathy exist up to the present moment. Which is why searching efficient and safe mastopathy treatment methods along with developing adequate treatment schemes for such a disorder are currently an actual problem. Not all the authors consider diffuse mastopathy as requiring obligatory treatment, explaining that it is impossible to prescribe treatment to more than half of the female population. In contrast, some specialists are actively prescribing multiple treatments to women with diffuse mastopathy. We believe that, despite the wide spreading of mastopathy, each female patient seeking medical advice for such a disease requires individually designed treatment scheme and methods. Diagnostic activities, monitoring and treatment should have a purpose of relieving the symptoms and preventing the development of breast cancer.
How to treat mastopathy?
Surgical treatment of Mastopathy is to be carried out only in separate cases:
- If a large liquid-containing cyst is present, cystic puncture is to be conducted with the evacuation of the contents. Sometimes to force the cyst to collapse, sclerosing agents are to be injected inside it. Such procedures are generally conducted in the out-patient settings.
- In cases of localized fibrosing adenosis, as noted above, the patient may require hospitalization with further sectoral resection of the breast tissues for diagnostic purposes.
- Cases of breast fibroadenoma sometimes may require surgical treatment (in-patient): breast tumor enucleation, sectoral resection of the breast tissues. In most cases fibroadenoma is not removed but dynamically monitored.
- Diffuse Mastopathy is subject to conservative treatment.
Recommendations for Mastopathy:
- Healthy dietary regimen – it is necessary to limit the consumption of animal fat, to follow dairy and vegetable diet, to increase the consumption of fruits and vegetables, soy and other legumes, of dietary fibers, brans and cereal ;
- Optimize your body weight;
- Normalize your sleep-wake schedule;
- Increase your physical activity, do physiotherapy exercises.
- Other methods of Mastopathy treatment include health resort treatment, drinking mineral water, physiotherapy, autogenic training, psychotherapeutics, hyperbaric oxygenation therapy (oxygen treatment in the pressure chambers).
- In cases of presenting concurrent diseases that influence the pathogenesis of Mastopathy, it is necessary to initiate the treatment of diagnosed concurrent diseases: gynecological, thyroid gland pathology, diseases of liver and bile bladder, metabolic abnormalities, venous stasis in the minor pelvis, colon dysbacteriosis and constipations.
- Currently the medication treatment of Mastopathy includes medicines prescribed individually for separate symptoms, for individual abnormalities of the hormonal balance or for the diagnosed causes of the disease. Mastopathy medicinal treatment includes using two groups of drugs:
- Hormonal medicines: drugs containing female sex hormones produced in the second half of the menstrual cycle – progestins; products containing thyroid gland hormones; hormonal contraceptive agents; medicinal product regulating hormonal production. Special effects with regard to Mastopathy course are exhibited by hormonal contraceptive agents. Sometimes such drugs are prescribed specifically for Mastopathy, for they provide therapeutic effect. Besides, such medications are currently the most reliable method of preventing undesired pregnancy and, therefore, artificial abortions which aggravate the manifestations of Mastopathy.
- Non-hormonal products: vitamins, adaptogens, hepatoprotectors, diuretic agents, sedatives, potassium –containing medications, enzymes, analgesics, homeopathy products, iodine-containing medications. Within the Mastopathy treatment course other treatments include phytotherapy and products containing naturally occurring biologically active substances and biologically active food additives.
Mamoclam in the treatment of Mastopathy
Russian-made medication Mamoclam opens new perspectives for the treatment of Mastopathy and provides a number of important advantages comparing to the currently applied products.
The active component of Mamoclam is the concentrate of laminaria, the brown alga. One tablet contains 100 μg of organically bound iodine, 40 mg of lipids (polyunsaturated fatty acids Omega -3 type) and 5 mg of chlorophyll.
Mamoclam is able to reduce the pain sensation in the breast, the severity of pre-menstrual syndrome and menstrual pain, it normalizes the menstrual cycle, the balance of sex hormones and thyroid hormones; it also induces regression of the breast tissue indurations and cysts. Mamoclam is indicated for the treatment of all the Mastopathy forms.
Method of application and dosage: 1 tablet twice daily for 20 days. Three courses with an interval of 10 days. Therefore, Mamoclam treatment takes 3 months.
Contraindications: hypersensitivity to the components of the product, kidney diseases, hyperfunction of thyroid gland, multinodular goiter, thyrotoxicosis of various origin, pregnancy, breastfeeding. Adverse effects are rarely occurring, but there is a possibility of developing allergic reactions, mainly, skin itching, hyperemia and rash; other symptoms may include heartburn, meteorism and diarrhea.
High Mamoclam efficiency has been proven by clinical trials conducted in the N.N. Petrov Scentific Research Institute of Oncology (Ministry of Health o the Russian Federation Saint-Petersburg), in the Scientific Center of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Perinatology, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Moscow, in the Municipal Mammology Dispensary (Moscow Health Committee).
Mamoclam has exhibited intensive therapeutic effects in patients suffering from diffuse Mastopathy: the effects included significant reduction in the breast pain, in the severity of pre-menstrual syndrome, it was shown to be capable of normalizing the menstrual cycle, promoting the regression of the breast indurations and cysts. Generally speaking, positive effects were observed in more than 90% of the patients.
The product is well tolerated (during the whole follow-up period no adverse or toxic effects were reported).
The advantages of the medication “Mamoclam” in the treatment of Mastopathy
- Mamoclam is a medicinal product specifically designed and registered for the treatment of Mastopathy.
- The efficiency of Mamoclam is over 90%, which is more than the efficiency values in other currently applied medicines and combinations of treatments.
- Mamoclam is a non-hormonal medication intended for the treatment of Mastopathy, it is safe to use and has no toxic side effects.
- Mamoclam can be used for the treatment of Mastopathy individually and combined with other medicines.
- Mamoclam is not only capable of effectively reducing the pathologic symptoms of Mastopathy, it is oriented towards the prevention of breast cancer. The results of experimental and clinical studies demonstrate that active ingredients of Mamoclam reduce the risk of developing breast cancer.
- Mamoclam can be used for prolonged courses, which is important for such a chronic disease as Mastopathy.
- Mamoclam is capable of inducing reliable and prolonged relief of breast pains, caused by Mastopathy.