Diseases of the mammary gland which are causes by hormonal abnormalities and associated with the development of indurations within the breast and with breast tissue atrophy or hypertrophy, are occurring more and more often. What is dangerous about Mastopathy is that the triggering mechanisms of Mastopathy are the same processes that underlay the occurrence and the progression of malignant neoplasms. This is why you should not underestimate the importance of Mastopathy prevention, moreover, it is necessary to follow the basic recommendations of experts even at young age.
Surprisingly, but one of the most evident and simple recommendations is following a healthy lifestyle. Statistic of Mastopathy occurrence shows significantly higher rates of developing the disease among the urban residents.
- Measures of preventing Mastopathy:
Following the correct dietary regimen. One needs not only to consume meals at the same time with using as much various food as possible, but also:
- to decrease the amounts of consumed fat (along with the total energy value of the food) in the daily meals. This results in the normalization of estrogen levels and its optimal metabolism within the organism. Therefore, excessive hormonal load on mammary gland is expected to decrease, as additional estrogen production takes place within the excessive fatty tissue of the female organism.
- to increase the percentage of foods rich with dietary fibers;
- to increase the number of consumed fruits, vegetables and other products rich in calcium, vitamin C, В-type vitamins and magnesium. Consuming such foods allows for regulating and normalizing prolactin production.
- to decrease the number of salt consumed with food, as salty foods induce excess water retention within the organism in general and, particularly, in the breast tissues.
- Women also need to minimize the influence of stressing situations and to train psychological resistance against unavoidable stresses which are so plenty in everyday life.
- Women also should use the type of bra that perfectly fits the size, and meets the requirements for material, shape and density. Wearing loose bra provides no necessary support for the breast, but too tight bra may impair breast blood supply. Furthermore, laundry material should not be so dense as to create a “greenhouse effect”.
- Women should adequately use hormonal contraceptive agents, strictly following the recommendations received from the physician. Remember – contraceptive agents contain large quantities of hormones (including progesterone, estrogen etc.) and this is why such medications are to be prescribed only after professional blood tests so that the hormonal disbalance within the organism does not get worse.
- From time to time women need to undergo professional examinations and self- examinations of the mammary glands. It is quite easy to detect the presence of indurations in the breast tissues (already at early stages). Besides, breast palpation is similar to breast massaging by its mechanical effects, which may become an excellent component of combined prevention of Mastopathy.
One should remember that the presence of Mastopathy or breast cancer in close family members significantly increases the risk of developing same diseases. In such cases genetic analysis of risk degree is recommended (for example, using cytogenetic investigations to detect the presence of BRCA1/2 genes responsible for the predisposition to breast cancer).
Visiting the physician allows to get more detailed assessment of possible risk factors and receive individual recommendations, which is why regular gynecology and mammology examinations are necessary. Mastopathy prevention helps to reducethe risk of developing undesired disorders that may contribute to Mastopathy progression and to the occurrence of malignant diseases.